Happy New Year everyone! What’s new? Welcome to volume 3 of e.Front’s English Corner! I hope everybody had a great winter holiday. Wow, I can’t believe it is 2019 already! Where has the time gone? Did you make any resolutions for this year yet? Perhaps turning over a new leaf? Just joking! So with another year behind us and a new one just beginning it seems like a good idea to check out the word new. There are quite a few common phrases using this word that you may not know so take a look below to find out what they are!
This issue’s word: New
1. “Terry’s parents bought him a brand new car for his birthday! I can’t believe it. He’s so lucky.”
2. “China is breaking new ground with its mass surveillance technology.”
3. “This car will look as good as new after a few repairs and a new coat of paint.”
4. “Donald Trump said something stupid again on Twitter? Huh, what else is new?”
5. “I used to hate my daughter’s boyfriend but after talking with him I began to see him in a new light.”
Well, that brings us to the end of our first issue of 2019! I hope you enjoyed it and we have many more for you to enjoy this year too! See you next time!