Government of Canada Announcement
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS NOT FULLY VACCINATED WITH A CANADIAN APPROVED VACCINE
Recently the Government of Canada announced changes to enter and depart from Canada for individuals who are not fully vaccinated with a Canadian approved vaccine, including international students.
At this time, the Government of Canada is stating that:
- As of January 15th, 2022, individuals who are not fully vaccinated with a Canadian approved vaccine and are 18 years of age or older will not be able to enter Canada, including international students.
- As of February 28th, 2022, individuals who are not fully vaccinated with a Canadian approved vaccine and are 12 years of age or older will not be able to board a plane or train within Canada, nor be allowed to board a plane for foreign travel, unless they meet one of the limited exemptions. This means students who are not fully vaccinated must depart from Canada before February 28, 2022.
To learn more about these changes and the limited exemptions, please visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/11/adjustments-to-canadas-border-and-travel-measures.html
Students who are fully vaccinated with an approved Canadian vaccine are not impacted by the above restrictions.
For updated information on which vaccines are Canadian approved and the required doses, please visit: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada#determine-fully
- Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2)
- Moderna (Spikevax, mRNA-1273)
- AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria, COVISHIELD, ChAdOx1-S, AZD1222)
- Janssen/Johnson & Johnson (Ad26.COV2.S)
- Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C)
- Sinopharm (Beijing) BBIBP-CorV (Vero Cells)
- Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc)
As the Government continues to make changes to travel requirements, we strongly advise you to monitor the following websites:
- For travel within Canada: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/domestic-travel
- For entry to Canada: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/exemptions