Team Yokomo’s newly crowned World Championship winning BD8 platform is due for release at the end of October.
The new car compromises many refinements and improvements to its BD7 successor, as well as some of the same,
including the following.
- New Centre Aligned Front Belt System,
- the front belt now runs up the middle of the car which improves the car’s balance as well as smoothness during on-power acceleration.
- Large 22T Centre Pulley,
- the centre pulley has been changed to allow the front and rear belt to run off the same pulley, providing a longer wear for front and rear belts whilst also offering improved acceleration.
- Bush / Insert Suspension Blocks,
- Yokomo have now moved to the bush / insert style suspension blocks, which allows customers easier toe adjustments, the new blocks are also lower which further improves the car centre of gravity.
- New Motor Mount / Flex System,
- The new car carries a smaller motor mount design, which has moved the motor forward inboard (Centre) to increase the cars overall balance, the new motor mount also has new screw placements underneath the chassis which will improve the cars overall grip and corner speed once again.
- New lightweight graphite plastics ,
- The BD8 will compromise of all new plastic parts, including, Suspension arms, Front Caster Blocks and Knuckles, as well as rear hubs. The new plastics improves the cars performance in a range of different conditions.
- New Servo Mount Design,
- The new servo mounts runs further up the centre line of the chassis making a slight adjustment to the flex characteristics of the car. The new servo mount will also now be a standard item in the new car.
- Front Double Joint DCJ’s,
- Yokomo’s high-quality front DCJ’s will also remain a standard feature in the new kit.
- Bulkhead X Braces,
- A feature which will carry over from the BD7, is the ability to run the X braces, which gives drivers more tuning options in different conditions.
- Big Bore SLF 2 Short Shocks,
- Yokomo’s big bore high capacity shocks which also carry a low COG design will be carried over to the new car.
Aluminum Steering Bell Clunk and Aluminum Servo mount were not in standard bundled at BD7-2016, but now in standard bundled at BD8.
Yokomo will also include a separately released (RTC) Rear Toe Control System, otherwise knows as ARS, giving drivers greater tuning options at various tracks around the world.
For HD picture of BD8 are in below folder
As for the product code and price information are in below :-
Product name : BD8 Carbon Graphite Chassis Spec
Product code : MRTC-BD8
Customer List Price : 66,800 JPY
Barcode : 639342141593
Product name : BD8 Carbon Aluminum Chassis Spec
Product code : MRTC-BD8A
Customer List Price : 69,000 JPY
Barcode : 639342141609
Product name : BD8 / BD7-2016 Rear Toe Control System
Product code : B8-RTC
Customer List Price : 4,600 JPY
Barcode : 639342142293