With more and more people moving to the city, apartments and condos are getting smaller and smaller to accommodate all the people migrating in. It’s not uncommon to find bedrooms a quarter of the size they used to be. Living rooms blend into dining rooms and there just isn’t as much space in the kitchen as there once was. This can be a major problem for people who have a lot of stuff and are used to having the space to store it.
But never fear, there are ways to make the most of a small space. You just have to be a little creative with the space you have. Here a few tips to help you make the most of a small space:
1. Buy storage-friendly furniture. There are many items you can buy that have hidden storage in them. Coffee tables that open up into a trunk, beds with drawers underneath, end-tables with drawers and shelves, TV consoles with DVD storage underneath. These types of furniture will provide a home for your things while keeping them hidden from view so you don’t have to look at a lot of clutter.
2. Make use of the space under your bed. If you don’t have built in drawers under your bed, you can pick up some cheap plastic containers that are made to fit under beds. You can store out of season clothing here to make room in your closets, or store other things that you don’t use every day.
3. Use your closet space. Closet space may seem limited, but you can optimize your closets. Make good use of the space above and below your clothes by adding a shelf for your shoes. Fold your sweaters and put them on the top shelf or simply use it as storage. The floor of your closet can also be used to store boxes.
4. Think small. Many stores sell storage units that are made to go in small spaces. You can buy narrow shelves that are meant to go in tight spaces in kitchens. These are good for storing canned or dried foods.
5. Use the walls. One place that many people don’t think of to use as storage is the wall space. You can easily mount a spice rack to the wall in the kitchen. You can also mount shelves to the wall to store books or family photos.
6. Feng Shui. It might sound cheesy, but this ancient Chinese practice can really make a huge difference in the way a small space feels. By using feng shui principles to arrange the furniture in each room, you can make a small space seem larger and more homey.
Keep in mind that in order to make your new home feel spacious and clean, it’s important not to have a lot of clutter around. Using these ideas will help improve the amount of storage space you have and help make your new home be a pleasant place to live. With a little creativity you can easily make your new home a clutter-free place and organized place to be.
Lorne MacInnes is a managing partner of Ferguson Moving & Storage, one of the oldest Vancouver moving companies, and an industry expert in the moving and relocation sector in North America.
Links:Midnight Mysteries: Ghostwriting Collector's Edition Game,You're no stranger to paranormal visitors showing up at Midnight, but when a suspicious character drops a threat in your mailbox, you're drawn into the timeless struggle of good versus evil. The fictional characters of classical literature are coming to life, and not all of them are happy with the way their stories ended! Use books to travel through space and time, as you join Charles Dickens and Washington Irving on an exciting adventure through their most famous books. Can you unmask the villain in time, or will the world's most beloved classical literature be rewritten?
Read More:Website Design Lucknow- Get Access To Personalized Websites,Anti Aging Skin Care And Idebenone,Why Wooden Front Doors and Oak Doors,Make Sure the Telephone Wiring System Connects,Know What Factors Can Increase Your Pet Cremation Cost,Stamford Dental Implants Specialists Discuss the Health Implications of Gum Disease, PART 3,Easy Gardening Steps,Legal implications and specifications of the watch camera,The Lies Anger Tells Us,Work of Art SUCKLORD'S ACTION FIGURE by Jerry Saltz