1. Take responsibility for yourself.
2. Take responsibility for your own learning.
3. Risk saying what you think.
4. Own what you say.
5. If it needs doing, do it.
6. If you don't understand, ask.
7. Enjoy your surroundings.
8. Maintain a sense of humor.
9. Help others learn and succeed.
12.Admit your mistakes.
13.If it is not safe for the group, don't do it.
14.Participate and observe.
15.Learn from your experiences.
"I realized how most of us make excuses not to take on life's big challenges -- changing careers, taking a dram trip... So we don't do anything. What the mountains taught me is no matter how long it takes and no matter how hard it seems, you have to take that first step."